In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Right now the counterculture's online and mainstream culture's in space.
- Bjork occupies a rare position as both a mainstream pop icon and a major force in the counterculture.
- And they have all declared years ago that Bukowski's poetry was no longer part of the counterculture.
- As the great musical icon of the Sixties counterculture, Dylan has always been expected to live up to higher moral standards than the average rocker.
- But where, in this fertile mess of war and unaccountability, is the raging counterculture to be found?
- Even the counterculture and college saturnalias of the late 1960s did not corrupt my habits.
- This counterculture is not a handful of people living very different lives.
- The point of the various musical countercultures under the Soviets was not simply to hear music.
- Your political legacy, alas, will live long - but so will the vital counterculture you have spawned.
- You're all young enough to have missed the counterculture of the 1960s.
- In many ways, most of a counterculture's impact is limited to style.
- It should appeal to readers interested in social issues, psychology and the counterculture.
- Anyone who is now going to be elected president has probably lived through the drug counterculture and the sexual revolution.
- Still, there are jarring moments, such as the author's assessment of the effect on the counterculture of the expansion of America's war in Vietnam.
- The counterculture isn't dead but it needs some institutions to keep it alive.
- They're often astonished that they can meet someone who has influenced the bands that introduced them to the counterculture.
- What was your relationship with the counterculture like?
- In general, anarchism plays a big role in American radical politics and countercultures.
- Over the past two decades Almodóvar has moved from the counterculture to the mainstream.
- Virginia Woolf's granddaughter, speaking at the Hay-On-Wye Literary festival, celebrates the triumph of the counterculture in Britain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.