In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The House voted down a Democratic counterproposal, which would have cost $585 billion over 10 years.
- The third flaw in the protesters ' world view is their lack of a counter proposal.
- But in the end no counter proposal was put on the table.
- Arbitration eligible players submitted their salary requests to their respective teams yesterday, and the teams offered their counter proposals.
- The Russians have presented a counter-proposal which would simply roll over the current oil-for-food program past its June 3 termination date.
- Thomas said they went to the meeting with high expectations because they felt their counter-proposals were reasonable.
- The talks follow the unveiling last Friday of the G20 group of developing countries ' long-awaited counter-proposal on agricultural tariffs.
- He said the CPO was awaiting a counter proposal and was quite willing to continue discussions with the union.
- Their counterproposal should authorise a carefully restricted set of emergency measures for a short period - say three or six months.
- Three days before the Government's scheme goes before the Senate for a vote, the Opposition has issued a counter-proposal.
- What he does is make a counterproposal by which Jake will pull a job for The King.
- There then followed a period of unsuccessful settlement negotiations with proposals and counter-proposals on both sides.
- Studies show that when faced with failure, those who are well-liked turn a negative response into a counterproposal.
- They have made a counterproposal to extend that deadline by 45 days.
- Quickly Borofsky and two partners, Steve Mahlum and Dine Zampini, made a counter proposal to purchase the entire farm.
- No details of the board's settlement offer, or of the union's counter-proposal, have been released.
- A counter-proposal by Pakistan for an international force to be sent to Kashmir was then rejected contemptuously by India.
- Last week, Neal Clunas, president of the employees union, said the union had sent another counter-proposal to management.
- For no sooner had Blair's vision been laid out in the Commons on Thursday than his own counter-proposals were being set down.
- Some modernism aficionados argue that the Long Wharf Advocacy Group is too modest in its counterproposal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.