In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Kenneth threw a counterpunch and Malcolm stumbled backwards, giving his cousin time to speak.
- Against Toney, Jirov averaged nearly 90 punches a round despite being nailed with some powerful counterpunches.
- Mosley's body punches could leave openings for counterpunches to the head.
- He came on strong late in the four-round bout, consistently landing counterpunches against the overeager fighter.
- Secondly, fighters can choose to block incoming blows outright or parry them, providing a split second or two to get in a quick counterpunch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.