In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)corporación de gobierno a nivel de condado
- Also I have had detailed correspondence with the chief executive of the county council.
- The previous county council was dominated by an alliance of the Lib Dems and Conservatives.
- As a former leader of a county council I wish to comment on the present debate on council taxes.
- I hope that future consultation exercises from the county council be better executed.
- The issue will be discussed at a meeting of the county council executive tomorrow.
- As a next step the county council will produce an action plan to make sure the policy is put into action.
- Also the borough council does some work acting as an agent for the county council.
- The town council and the county council need to have a say in the future for this town.
- If you fall over in the street then there is probably an insurance policy covering the county council for that to.
- Over half the elected councillors are new to the county council and can lead a fresh start.
- After all, the county council is elected to make tough decisions on behalf of voters.
- The county council is closing the premises following new government legislation.
- He said the scheme would lead to increased bureaucracy and costs to the county council.
- The rest is set by the county council, emergency services and town or parish councils.
- He urged the panel to recommend that a plan be organised with the county council to avoid future problems.
- Just over half of the required funding has been awarded to the county council by the government.
- He said the scheme was worthwhile and the county council still hoped to work with the parish council.
- The county council has now introduced a policy which is intended to speed up the process.
- The town council will now write to the county council asking them to revise the plan.
- The county council proposes that vehicles be barred from much of the route.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.