In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With such a coupler you can be confident that buying a new machine will not obsolete your old attachments.
- I never took the coupler out of my bag and, for the first time since 1992, went a week without picking up my email.
- The quick connect couplers make it fast and simple to change tools.
- The masonry units require steel post tension rods, anchor bolts, steel plates, and couplers for installation.
- With the quick coupler, for instance, you can disconnect a bucket and use the lifting eye on the coupler as a hoisting device.
- There's no sound now but for train wheels and couplers.
- It is perfect for storing paper towels to use to clean up hands or to wipe the dirt and grime from hydraulic couplers.
- This dramatically reduces the materials needed, since it's easier to bend bars than to use mechanical couplers or splicing-in short bent sections that waste material.
- Ask your local dealers about the availability of a universal coupler; its name describes it well.
- An external seal is affixed to an opposite end of the first coupler member and affixed to an exterior surface of the first duct.
- A user-controlled shutter system determined which laser was directed at the coupler.
- In railroad terms, humping refers to connecting railroad cars together by opening the couplers and sending them down a little hill, at the bottom of which is a partly-assembled train.
- The radiation shield was completed except for the electron coupler wires.
- The coupler and safety chains should be checked for disrepair.
- It is now thought by the railways to be adequately done with electronic devices connected to the last coupler.
- In another design innovation, manufacturers offer a coupler feature on some machines, which allows operators to change attachments, often without leaving the cab.
- So we designed a bucket where the coupler hinges were located high on the bucket.
- This coupler features five bolts - three on the larger-diameter side and two on the smaller-diameter side.
- Hydraulic quick couplers can save time when switching attachments.
- Instead, connectivity between the bricks is accomplished using a capacitive coupler.
- You place the coupler like a mirror image against a telephone handset, strap it in place, plug the other end into your modem and dial.
- They also had an early 300-baud modem, replete with the coupler into which you had to put the phone receiver.
- This switching matrix has input ports, output ports and a passive optical core consisting of optical couplers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.