In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He entered the courthouse with his customary sun glasses and ever-present cell phone.
- We saw him walk into the courthouse with his attorney there, not his wife.
- The acoustics in the old courthouse were terrible.
- Further, these firms all need continuous interaction with law firms, which tend to cluster near government buildings such as courthouses.
- The courthouse is a small building with seating accommodation for approximately 25 people.
- A protest raged on a courthouse lawn, round a makeshift stage they charged on.
- Yet clause 206 recognises that the Government is prepared to give those coercive powers to the private sector to transport prisoners between courthouses and prisons.
- Today, the media swarmed around the disgraced former CEO as he left the federal courthouse in Manhattan.
- She noticed the white-haired old man messing with something on the courthouse steps.
- But the point is, this court is a brand new courthouse.
- Demonstrators from both sides sparred heatedly inside and outside the historic courthouse.
- We see some people coming out, his parents coming down the courthouse steps.
- As I said on Monday, there's no possible justification for courthouse violence.
- I hadn't even left the courthouse building yet and he apologized.
- Stage a banner action outside your local federal courthouse while jurors are coming in.
- He also said that if the police do not take the necessary measures for the security of the courthouses, the normal functioning of the judiciary system might be hindered.
- Persons entered the courthouse through a door at the north end of the structure.
- The jail, as well as its companion courthouse building, was scheduled to undergo a major renovation.
- Yesterday they walked to court together and paused briefly to be photographed before entering the historic courthouse.
- Also, right down the street from the state courthouse where this all began yesterday.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.