1amor cortés masculine
- The sense of courtly love as a unique European achievement and hence a key element in establishing European cultural identity was widely discussed in the interwar period.
- Yet this text pre-dates the medieval poetry of courtly love by over a thousand years.
- The cult of the Virgin in the Middle Ages, he argues, led to the courtly love poets, the troubadours, idealising women in their writing.
- In the ‘Franklin's Tale,’ Geoffrey Chaucer satirically paints a picture of a marriage steeped in the tradition of courtly love.
- The fiddle and harp were the most respectable, played by the troubadours and associated with courtly love.