In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The three shared pairs of electrons between the two carbon atoms create a triple covalent bond.
- In a covalent diatomic molecule, a difference in the electronegativity of the atoms will result in a dipole moment.
- To complete an octet, each oxygen must share two electrons in a covalent bond.
- These rules are the result of assigning all electrons in a covalent bond to the more electronegative atom in the bond.
- Pairs of electrons that are not shared in covalent bonds are lone pairs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.