In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(contract)pacto masculinecláusula feminine
2British(financial agreement)acuerdo para el pago de cantidades regulares de dinero a una organización benéfica
- The release was in consideration of ‘payments and covenants herein’.
- They can check if any deeds or covenants exist on neighbouring plots, which may restrict site access.
- Meaning of the fundamental covenants and treaties were adopted by Australian governments decades ago.
- I am also of the view that the court cannot read down or limit the application of the covenants to a reasonable level.
- Clause 3 sets out the employer's covenant to pay its own and the employees' contributions to the trustees.
- Paul is talking about the covenant with Abraham through his seed which was Christ.
- He made a covenant with Abraham to be God to him and to his descendants after him.
- The New Covenant permits Gentile Christians to be included in the covenant with Abraham.
- Part of God's fulfillment of the covenant made to Abraham is realized through radical reversals.
- It is God, because He is faithful to His covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who has preserved the Jews.
1comprometerse a pagar firmando un covenant
- An acquaintance has said that it is possible to covenant money to your children.
- In order to qualify for relief, there must be a legal obligation to covenant the sum of money for a period in excess of six years.
- For something this size, you covenant it to maximise the tax efficiency and hence the amount of the donation.
- Any money it makes it covenants back to the charity - last year this was £159,000.
- There is no percentage limit on the amount of income that may be covenanted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.