In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1campamento de vaqueros masculine
- Participation in the advanced cow camps requires good riding skills since the days can be long.
- Some outfits got by on corn bread, tortillas or even hard-tack, but the staple of most cow camps was the sourdough biscuit.
- Roughly a dozen cow camps were located on the west end of Grand Mesa, each one critical to summer livestock operations.
- As ‘living historians,’ they recreate the authentic music of the cow camps of Colorado.
- They lived in a man's world most the time, staying in cow camps for months at a time.
- Scattered farms, mining towns and cow camps also depended on the service of Moab's new physician.
- A lot of these girls ended up in cow camps and mining towns around the West.
- The era of the wagon came to an end in the 1970's, and individual cow camps were built in each pasture system.
- Soldiers relocated to the new western forts needed beef and soon cow camps began to spring up near the Fort Worth to Fort Belknap Road.
- We now have the opportunity to offer you two to five day horseback adventures that take you into the actual working cow camps.
- Florida's cowboy heritage comes alive with living history demonstrations of the early Florida ‘cow hunters’ in an 1876-era cow camp.
- One of his cow camps was about thirty miles to the east at a place called Poker Flats.
- Other options are available, such as weekender packages, cow camps, and ‘city slicker’ cattle drives.
- The cowboy crew is very experienced and is stationed at cow camps within the ranch.
- Even today, a visit to the cow camps will show that Native cowboys are still a vital part of the ranching community.
- In many cases, they became songs and stories became as prevalent in the cow camps of the old west as Chaps and Spurs.
- In the cow camps the young girls and boys have the responsibility to put cow dung in heaps in the sun.
- He was beaten and battered by life in cow camps, but he loved that life and the horses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.