In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That's because she's a total cowgirl straight from the Westerns.
- If memory serves, O'Connor was an actual, not figurative, cowgirl.
- We wanted to create a beautiful place for them to come, to work, to learn how to be little cowboys and cowgirls.
- There he meets Sissy, a cute but indomitable cowgirl.
- The four teens turned to face a red hair cowgirl.
- And while you're trying on Western Wear, it's fun to get your favorite cowgirl a nice cowboy hat;
- It ain't easy being a creepy Louisiana cowgirl.
- I wanted to be a nurse, an actress, a singer, a cowgirl, a doctor, and a million other things.
- They pride themselves on Texan hospitality, and true-to-life cowboys and cowgirls running the show.
- The rodeo setting itself, centering upon cowboy and cowgirl stardom, is an important part of the Western popular tradition.
- She's a pretty good cowgirl herself, you know, and knows a lot about horses.
- How tough is the transition from cowgirl to beach babe?
- Cowboys and cowgirls dressed in lavish Western attire vied for attention and prizes.
- ‘You are the sweetest, most perfect cowgirl I have ever seen ‘, and he kissed her hand.’
- When I walk out with my mail, I see a cowboy helping a moderately drunk cowgirl along the boardwalk.
- Biscuits are apparently a cowboy or cowgirl's food of choice.
- Let's start with something easy: the traditional cowboy / cowgirl get-up.
- They usually have a stuffed head attached and come in a variety of different costumes from French maid to cowgirl.
- I told him to go find some pretty cowgirl, but I think he intends to spend all of his time at electronics gaming parlors.
- A former motion picture cowgirl, she rode the law throughout Prohibition.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.