In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Also, coyotes were often observed hunting rodents in the cranberry bogs at the rendezvous site.
- With a blink, his eyes adjusted and decided it was either a wild dog or a wolf or a coyote.
- Eagles, rattlesnakes, deer, pronghorn antelope, foxes, coyotes, and mountain lions roam the area.
- Today Wyoming's Bighorn Basin, home to pronghorns and prairie dogs, coyotes and rattlesnakes, is nearly a desert.
- Major predators of the otter include sharks, killer whales, coyotes, brown bears and even eagles.
- Whitetail deer, coyote, red fox, snowshoe hare and raccoon often make appearances.
- The virus is carried by a number of wild animals, including coyotes, foxes, and some wolves.
- Wolves tend to eat larger prey, like elk - but coyotes prey on young antelope.
- Dogs and coyotes have been injured and even killed by llamas.
- There are 36 species of Canidae, including dogs, wolves, coyotes, jackals and foxes.
- Grizzly bears and bison were exterminated, and coyotes and prairie dogs were shot on sight and poisoned.
- Sometimes falling prey, on land, to wolves and coyotes, the otter's principal enemies are humans.
- Mating between eastern Canadian wolves, red wolves, and coyotes is possible, he said, because they share a common ancestor.
- The red wolf is larger than a coyote and smaller than a gray wolf.
- Other predators are red foxes, coyotes, wolves, bear, mountain lions, lynx, bobcats, eagles, and great horned owls.
- Predators, such as coyotes, swift foxes, and skunks, are a major problem for ground nesting birds.
- A mixed pack of coyotes and wild dogs had found the open gate.
- These animals clearly act like coyotes and not wolves.
- Adult red foxes may also be attacked by coyotes, wolves, or other predators, but this is rarely in order to eat them.
- Their predators include great horned owls, bobcats, cougars, coyotes, and foxes, so wariness is in their blood.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.