In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(biscuit)cracker feminine(salada) galleta feminine
- He brought the wine. I organised the cheese and crackers.
- But cheaper tickets and wrestlers hawking rice crackers won't be enough to rescue sumo.
- Then I went back in to the store and bought cheese and crackers on sale.
- Give your child whole-grain crackers with soups, chili, and stew.
- Also, some bakeries make flats and crackers from rice and millet.
- Then I stared at the computer screen and ate rice crackers.
- After school I went home with a sulk, Kirara was relaxed at the couch watching TV while eating rice crackers.
- Prawn rice crackers and anchovy-like dried fish chips are the sails.
- We went to Kevin's place to eat some rice crackers and practice for their dance.
- Luke humorously questions Annie as he puts a cheese cracker into his mouth.
- Each would make a creamy, rich covering for your whole-grain cracker.
- First of all, graham crackers are not allowed.
- There's cheese and crackers for those who still have wine left to finish.
- Consequently, he's mainly a sweet potato and rice cracker kind of guy.
- It was a good night of chatter and red wine with crackers and cheese.
- She pulled out some more crackers and peanut butter and sat down to eat.
- Elaine put the last animal cracker in her mouth and chewed dismally.
- Quite some time back I was snacking and found the perfect rice cracker.
- Yesterday I had the remains of a lemon meringue and a packet of prawn crackers.
- Sensible shoes, diapers and animal crackers are just the tip of the iceberg.
- They were learning to use the chopsticks, and everyone tried the noodles and prawn crackers.
- I ripped the package open and shoved a cracker into my mouth, whole.
- Over cups and cups of green tea and bowlfuls of rice crackers, we chat in his kitchen well into the afternoon.
- You come all this way and they didn't have any prawn crackers.
- Another idea is to eat whole-grain crackers with fat-free block cheese.
- Spread smoked salmon and low-fat cream cheese on whole wheat crackers or pith rounds and top with fresh dill.
- This neighbour boy eats sweet potato and rice crackers.
- With perfect wheels of cheese and crackers before me, I misted up a bit.
- Read your ingredients carefully; even rice crackers can contain brown rice syrup.
- Japanese food markets, where you'll find low-fat savory rice crackers and low-fat roasted green peas.
- He settled for a pack of cheese crackers with peanut butter inside.
- Seaweed is commonly eaten by the Japanese in a variety of snack foods, including tiny crisp rice crackers.
- She grabbed a few crackers and cream cheese, grabbed her backpack, and hiked upstairs to start.
- Sora thought tiredly, as he grabbed a rice cracker from the plate filled with the low-fat snacks set nearby.
- They start to cook turnips and eat graham crackers, as they wait for their mother to come home.
- They threw back local smoked mussels served on crisp rice crackers with mayonnaise.
- In fact, the peanut butter cracker I left for him is still there.
- I'm currently eating BBQ rice crackers with salsa and sour cream.
- Cheese is usually too strong; bread or dry, savoury crackers are generally preferred by professionals.
2.2British(que estalla al abrirla) sorpresa feminine
3British informal, dated(good-looking person)pimpollo masculine informalchurro masculine South America informal
- How long before the crackers intrude upon this cosy intimacy?
- Computer crackers might exploit this behaviour to inject malicious code into vulnerable systems.
- Sure, no electronic voting system is yet safe enough to withstand computer crackers.
- Forget about Internet crackers, employees are the biggest security problem for most businesses.
- In such a case a cracker's actions are obvious: he suppresses the anti-debugging tricks and dumps the unpacked and decrypted application code.
- The case studies are in-depth descriptions of how three crackers have broken into computers.
- Nor is there any evidence of crackers scanning the Internet in search of vulnerable machines.
- Now that you're here we have an advantage we never had before, a computer cracker!
- Computer crackers have obtained details of up to five million US Visa and MasterCard accounts, the two firms admitted yesterday.
- Aladdin makes software that protects corporations and their data from attack by computer crackers.
- The user still connects to the Internet, but through the cracker's system.
- On infected machines, it opens a back door that allows a cracker to control the computer using IRC.
- Harris believes this modest improvement might lead crackers into targeting computers of home users rather than businesses.
- I said computer crackers were going to cause some serious damage and predicted they'd try blackmail.
- Computer crackers have obtained access to computer systems codes used in America's space program.
- Eight million credit cards were exposed to a cracker or crackers this week resulting in huge potential for fraud.
- It far from the first time crackers have broken into the web servers of software developers.
- Although I doubt crackers are attempting to break into your PC as you read this, there's always the possibility.
- But sometimes your personal data is loaned out to third parties, and that's the weak spot where crackers are able to break in.
- It fears that any information would give vital clues to criminal crackers about how to exploit unpatched systems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.