In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(noise)masculine crujidomasculine chisporroteo
2.1(crisp pork rind)
- The skin crisps to crunchy cracklings, and the meat melts with juicy tenderness.
- Plenty of tender, pink meat, with the original touch of being cooked into crispy crackling on top.
- And if it was a pork roast we'd get a huge slab of delicious crackling and a dollop of apple sauce.
- I'll never stop eating meat, especially the crackling off roast pork.
- And the yard-long pork crackling is totally worth crossing town for.
- Gratons, also known as cracklings, were made of pig skin.
- There was a blast of a c-sharp, a child's cry and the smell of pork crackling on the breeze.
- Rendered crisp and brittle, this delicacy can have all the fun of seaborne cracklings.
- I changed my diet a whole back to avoid things I knew to be pure fat like chicken skin and crackling off pork.
- Roast loin of Cumbrian pork with crisp crackling carved over a salad of vine tomatoes, Aegean olives, feta cheese and olive oil.
- Pour off the fat and cracklings and put them in the fridge.
- The pork was delicious and the huge slice of crackling was something else.
- It has crisp, golden crackling and tender, juicy meat.
- Again, the meat was tender and its base was covered in a strip of crispy crackling, the top coated in a sage and onion stuffing.
- It also had a delicious layer of crispy golden crackling attached.
- A roast seems right somehow, be it a piece of velvety beef or a joint of golden pork with its glistening coat of crackling.
- His head filled with visions of tender roast pork with crispy brown crackling, he set off down the street.
- It was a magnificent roast with lovely crackling, succulent and juicy.
piel crujiente y tostada del cerdo asado
render_form_group(subsense).blank? span.form-groups = render_form_group(subsense)USchicharrones
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.