In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some osteopaths do cranial manipulation, also called cranial osteopathy.
- The temporal muscle may have a more extensive cranial origin than usual.
- The peripheral nervous system includes cranial and peripheral nerves and associated ganglia.
- They are attached to the cranial or spinal meninges and usually present as a single mass.
- The lesion appeared to extrude into the cranial cavity with the dura mater in its integrity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.