In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The bones of the cranium are divided into the skull base and the calvarial vault.
- As the infection spreads in the temporal bone, it may extend into the cranium and result in cranial nerve palsies.
- The eye is located within the orbital cavity of the skull between the cranium and the facial skeleton.
- There is also part of another male skull and an immature cranium from a six- or seven-year-old child.
- There were no significant skull fractures and so this really is a case of the brain rattling within the cranium.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.