In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He was more interested in crap games, the over-and-under, the horses, and selling sweaters out of the trunk of his car.
- Bill is an inveterate gambler and has forged Fred's signature for $10,000, which he lost in a crap game.
- He wants to be a solid guy, a good Christian, one that comes straight home on payday and doesn't know where the floating crap game is.
- He runs a floating crap game that is temporarily homeless.
- No, the crap games in question are illegal dice and are played anywhere out of sight of the law.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.