In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1equipo de médicos que permanecen de guardia en un hospital a fin de resucitar a pacientes que han sufrido un paro cardíaco o respiratorio
- Despite his efforts and those of the crash team and a senior doctor, patient WW died.
- Calls were made for assistance but by the time the crash team arrived it was too late.
- I am still waiting for a crash team in a rush to run full tilt into one of these.
- Mr Hartley was there but never mentioned anything to the crash team.
- I was making the usual round of tracking people down with wine and chocolates, thanking the crash team who had attended me, and so on.
- Ms Harrison said that after the injection the crash team was called and she escorted Jake's mum Keira to a nearby room.
- She returned to find a crash team frantically trying to resuscitate Naazish, of Great Horton, Bradford.
- These will test the stories of defibrillated patients, who claim they have looked down on the crash teams attending to their lifeless bodies.
- Fortunately, the doctor leading the crash team thought it was nonsense.
- "Crash team" crews are being trained to use them.
- Talks are taking place with the ambulance service about plans to put defibrillators on vehicles and to train "crash team" crews to use them.
- When the error was realised a crash team was called and immediate life saving treatment was started but it was too late.
- It turns out that the crash team, on arrival at the ward, had been told that I had written a living will and apparently did not want to be resuscitated.
- Though Neale was not present two doctors attended and a crash team was called but cancelled, and then recalled within minutes.
- Dr Peter Jesudason, a locum registrar, took over the procedure he had been supervising and called the crash team but to no avail.
- Fortunately, this piece of news had been met with complete disbelief by the crash team.
- Nurse Maguire said the crash team came in and she escorted Jake's mum, Keira, to another room outside.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.