1(long for)(flattery/admiration) ansiar(affection) tener ansias de
- I do not subscribe to the view that there is something innate in human beings that craves the thrill of violence.
- There is hope at last for all those poor souls who desperately crave some winter sunshine.
- Kendall loves it, craves it and can put up with almost anything if there's a chance she's going to experience it.
- I mean any girlfriend would crave the attention and touch of their boyfriend, right?
- To relieve those feelings, the brain craves another drink.
- Sixty per cent of those polled said they regularly craved certain foods and drinks.
- Of course, there are people out there who like spam, who love and crave it.
- They're human beings like you and me; they crave love, acceptance and security.
- He also craves human company and is very affectionate, but like most parrots has a fierce bite when he wants to.
- She drives herself towards real danger, craving it and seeking it out whatever the cost, but is all the time consumed by feelings of self-hate and worthlessness.
- Charlie roams the streets at night and goes into movie theaters, craving human interaction.
- I've also been craving different foods each day.
- Despite her love of the estate, Iris craved intellectual outlets, and until the war she travelled constantly, usually alone.
- Some critics have pointed to this as the key to unlock his psychology; he lost his mother, the thinking goes, and so craves the love of an audience.
- They need love and crave intimacy yet often feel cornered, pressured.
- Now that the crisis was over, my hunger had returned and I was craving a cheeseburger.
- He craves his father's respect and his father's love, but has long known that he can never have the latter, and the former is always tainted.
- Aside from a shared love of ice cream, however, men and women craved different foods.
- He could not tolerate waste and never craved human companionship.
- We crave originality, we demand credibility and we hope for something that sets the heart racing and the mind working overtime.
2formal(beg, implore)(pardon/mercy/indulgence) implorarmay I crave your attention for a moment? — ¿puedo reclamar su atención un momento?
1to crave for sth — tener antojo de algo
- I was craving for a drink — me moría de ganas de tomar algo
- to crave for / after peace — anhelar la paz