In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1informal(person)adulador masculineaduladora femininepelota feminine Spain informalchupamedias feminine Southern Cone Venezuela informallambiscón masculine Mexico informallambiscona feminine Mexico informallambón masculine Colombia informallambona feminine Colombia informal
2BritishMotor Vehiclesvehículo lento masculinebefore noun crawler lane — carril para vehículos lentos masculine
- Essex Crane, which serves contractors nationwide, owns 500 crawler cranes in its fleet.
- Eradicating the crawler lane would mean heavy lorries slowing down the traffic up Golden Hill.
- The crawler lane is intended to be a safety feature.
- The use of crawler cranes is increasing and may be required in some cases.
- Four fully hydraulic crawler cranes with a capacity of 80 kN operated the grabs.
- The surface of the road is to be replaced, and the crawler lane is to be closed and turned into a single lane road.
- It does not include any plans to close the crawler lane up the hill.
- The speed makes up for the energy difference between this method and dropping a heavy weight from a crawler crane's jib, and there is no flying debris.
- Table 4 gives examples of time needed to clear land using two different sizes of crawler tractors.
- The whole assembly was carried to the launch pad on a vehicle known as a crawler transporter.
- Is it true that Caterpillar India is planning to roll out a new crawler tractor?
- To avoid interfering with steel erection, the precast seating risers followed the steel at night, using the same crawler cranes.
- Fifty workers using five crawler cranes will be at the site six days a week.
- Once he had separated the piece enough to get a chain around it, then a crawler crane came into play.
- They also back a series of road safety measures and traffic restrictions, including crawler lanes, realigning bends and traffic lights.
- The A59 in that section comprises two lanes plus a crawler lane for slow traffic going uphill.
- Contractors are also performing more lifts from outside the building where crawler cranes have greater mobility and stability.
- One of the most important aspects of new models of crawler dozers is the comfort of the operator.
- An example of a ‘group’ linked cost is the cost of providing crawler lanes for heavy vehicles.
3Computingbuscador araña masculinebuscador robótico masculine
- Might search engines employing crawlers drop free listings altogether to concentrate on paid inclusion programs?
- Search engines allow keyword searches and use crawlers to locate sites or pages that match requests.
- While the search crawlers will ultimately find you on their own, there is some merit in submitting your site manually.
- Wouldn't it be nice to be able to leave some code in your web site to tell the search engine spider crawlers to make your site number one?
- Search engine crawlers will crawl web pages periodically for updated contents.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.