In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(pencil)lápiz de color masculinea box of crayons — una caja de lápices de colores
- eye/lip crayon — lápiz de ojos/labios
- The art teacher came up to the lounge with a huge box of colored pencils, markers, crayons and oil pastels.
- Grab up those pastels, crayons and colored pencils - it's happy times in the art room.
- Rosa took her seat and set before her the tools of her trade; coloured pencils, crayons, pens, all carefully labeled in Braille.
- Yes, I admit it I'm the one who put the blue crayons in the red crayon bucket!
- The drawings on view employ a variety of media, including ink, crayon, pencil, watercolor and gouache.
- This is a tried-and-true work sequence, and the preliminary crayon drawings become a crayon-resist feature to the monoprint.
- Chalk, pencils, and crayons were the tools of choice.
- Several types of media are allowed: watercolor, gold tempera, markers, crayons and colored pencils.
- They could use colored pencils, markers and crayons to color their still lifes.
- He ran out carrying a stack of blank papers, a bunch of crayons, pencils, charcoal sticks, a camera and a huge straw hat.
- The organisers distributed drawing sheets and participants were allowed to use watercolours, crayons and sketch pencils.
- The fade-proof, permanent opaque ink will withstand watercolor washes if used with watercolor pencils, crayons or brush markers.
- The children experimented with pencil drawings and water colour crayons.
- I tested out all the colors of the colored pencils, markers, crayons, and water colors.
- Karen appealed for people to send her Beanie Babies, and also needed are crayons, pens and pencils.
- On one of those many delightful shelves is pads of paper, wedged in there with a paint-jar, paintbrushes, boxes of pencils, pens, crayons, etcetera.
- He also began to draw, creating whatever surfaced in his stream of consciousness - using crayons, pencils, ballpoint pens, brushes and watercolors.
- The crayon drawings that I have are extraordinary!
- In crayon, pencil or paint she could convey every quality of light and color that decorates the northern landscape.
- On the top half was a bright crayon drawing of a bunch of flowers.
2crayola feminine trademarkcrayón masculine River Plate Mexicolápiz de cera masculine Chile
dibujo hecho con lápices de colores o crayolas
dibujar o colorear con lápices de colores o crayolas
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.