1crémor tártaro masculine
- Add cream of tartar to the whites while beating; the acid stiffens and coagulates the egg-white protein, strengthening the walls of the bubbles.
- The commercial production of tartaric acid begins with potassium hydrogen tartrate obtained as a waste product from the wine industry.
- Addition of an acid such as citric acid (found in lemon juice) or cream of tartar (which contains tartaric acid) also enhances inversion.
- Potassium bitartrate, also known as cream of tartar, is a weak organic acid.
- Other examples are bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar, calcium oxalate, and saltpetre.