In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(containing cream)(milk/sauce) con crema
- Milk, soy milk or milk powder may also be added to give the bubble tea a creamy texture.
- It cries out to be partnered with blue or a creamy white goats' cheese, with grapes or ripe pear on the side.
- The creamy thyme sauce was very aromatic, but the texture and cooking of the chicken strips was uneven.
- Similarly, with lighter dishes and those with creamy sauces, the acid will cut through and complement the dish.
- A Roman favourite is maccheroni alla carbonara, a ham and egg mixture with a creamy sauce.
- This came with asparagus spears and boiled potato and a very creamy white wine sauce.
- The white onion soup was creamy and sweet with a necessary lightness for a long brunch.
- The pieces of meat were chunky but melted in the mouth, and these were wrapped in a rich and creamy white sauce with a hint of garlic.
- I'm not that keen on whisky, but this creamy sauce was something I'd never tasted before and I liked it.
- It adds lasting aroma to the tender beef, basted with a thick creamy sauce.
- Ginger paste is added to creamy coconut milk in several south Indian dishes.
- Gabriella pours brown sugar through creamy cappuccino foam and stirs.
- My huge bowl contained large, moist chunks of tangy smoked haddock and other white fish in a delicious creamy sauce.
- Both dishes came with rice and a serving of salad topped with a light, creamy dressing similar to raita.
- This consisted of thick strips of pasta wrapped in a creamy sauce with mushrooms and cheese.
- Elderberry bushes have creamy white flowers, which cast a sweet smell into the air.
- This form has large clusters of creamy flowers, which dry to the colour of a Rich Tea biscuit.
- Did the Dove perhaps contain something other than the soft and creamy soap?
- It was painted a light creamy colour with glass windows and a grey roof topped it off proudly.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until white, smooth and creamy.
- The glistening juice on the surface of the fish with its intense creamy aroma tantalized my tastebuds.
- It's a creamy off white, and she wonders if that affects the taste of it.
- Stir it into the creamy mixture, making sure it is all mixed well.
- It is more appetising than it sounds, having the creamy white consistency of thick mayonnaise.
- Yukon gold potatoes have a creamy colour, a buttery flavour and a slightly higher sugar content.
- Add the yeast, milk, butter and cocoa, then mix to a smooth, creamy consistency.
- It's got a wonderfully creamy smooth taste, slightly cheddary, and is very white.
- When I talk about cheesecake I am talking about the true, baked variety, gloriously rich and creamy.
- Cook gently to reduce to a rich, creamy consistency, then add the mussels and parsley.
- I could barely detect the horseradish in the creamy bed of mashed potato, a more generous grating would have perked it up.
- To his disgust, he was not a deep green like Broccoli but a creamy white colour.
- It was all creamy white with no colours to disturb the frothy flow of the fabric.
- The creamy blueberry dish featured here will certainly hold well, but I cannot guarantee it will last that long.
- It is nicely dry, creamy and smooth with citrus and tropical fruit.
- Her skin was slowly turning back to it's creamy colour again, so that was a good sign.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.