1(person)criollo masculinecriolla feminine
- Free Creoles were of mixed African and European descent.
- Like many Caribbean Creoles, Papiamento is odd and surprising.
- The Creoles, the black people of the Caribbean region, are the descendants of colonial-era slaves, Jamaican merchants, and West Indian laborers.
- Black Creoles and Garifunas, the descendants of Caribbean slaves, mix with Miskito, Rama, and Sumu Indians, who have lived on the land for hundreds of years.
- Just to hear St. Lucians relax in their Creole is a real treat for first time visitors.
- It is the native tongue of the Creoles, blacks who came from Jamaica and other islands colonized by the British.