In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the University of Northumbria, applications to study criminology and forensic science have doubled.
- This book will be of interest to urban historians and quantitative historians as well as students and scholars of criminology and policy studies.
- She devoured books and pamphlets on rhetoric, art, criminology, theology, psychology, philosophy, the list could go on and on.
- The largest independent criminology study ever conducted into CCTV concluded two years ago that it has had little or no effect on crime.
- In January, she began a course of further study for a Master's Degree in social policy and criminology.
- His primary interests are criminology, statistics, and criminal justice assessment and counseling.
- I would definitely recommend this book to students studying legal psychology as well as criminology.
- Follow-up criminology studies have yet to determine whether the website route is effective.
- Both emphasize law enforcement as the central police function, and adopt the rational deterrence model of classical criminology, albeit at different stages of the argument.
- By that time, Catrin was an undergraduate student studying criminology and criminal justice as part of a broader social sciences degree.
- Well now there's an institute named after her where they take science to criminology.
- Her particular areas of interest are Indigenous criminal justice and forensic issues in criminology.
- For the past twenty to thirty years, control theories of crime have been at the center of theoretical development in criminology.
- Significantly, they have been hugely overlooked as a source of knowledge about criminality within histories of criminology and theories of crime and deviance.
- He said Caroline was studying criminology in an attempt to help someone like her killer have a better life.
- Next month she will head for Cardiff to study law and criminology.
- This is a relatively new science in criminology.
- In contrast, conflict marxist and radical criminology regarded crime as a function of poverty, reflecting a power imbalance in society.
- She was 21 and had a degree in criminology and psychology.
- With a degree in political science and criminology, he became a probation officer in Florida.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.