In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ángulo crítico masculine
- If the beam through m1 is greater than the critical angle, then the refracted beam will be reflected entirely back into m1 (total internal reflection), even though m2 may be transparent!
- For angles exceeding the critical angle, the refracted waves are evanescent and the reflectivity is very close to unity.
- Compared with the intensity enhancement for total internal reflection (~ 4 times that of the incident light) at the critical angle, the enhancement for SPR can reach up to 20-30 times higher.
- To minimize fluorescence from the sample and meet the total external reflection condition, the system features a slit that restricts beam divergence in the scattering plane to less than the critical angle for substrate reflectance.
- The critical angle c below which x-rays can be efficiently scattered from smooth surfaces is quite small, hence the term grazing incidence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.