In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1UScalle que cruza feminine
- The city's existing cross streets will be extended across the various sites, in roughly their pre-1950s configuration.
- The next cross street had a familiar name that she'd heard some place.
- The cross streets most affected are 32nd, 38th and 46th streets, the report said.
- I hadn't been to the area in at least five or six years and I didn't even remember the cross street name anymore.
- We plastered them all over, extending our target area to include several major cross streets, as well as two local dog parks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.