1(on bicycle)barra feminine
- Parents sometimes add rear-mounted child seats and/or an auxiliary saddle fitted to the crossbar to transport children.
- They are warned against carrying friends on the crossbar or carrier, holding on to moving vehicles and entering the road from behind parked vehicles.
- This system consists of an adjustable crossbar with metal fork mounts to hold your bike securely in place.
- The bike still includes a back rest and chrome seat loop, with only the gearshift altered, moving from the crossbar to the handlebars for safety reasons.
- Over the years her customers included Free French sailors, a poacher who kept a 12-bore tied to his bicycle crossbar, the writer John Wyndham and a dog that smoked a pipe.
2(of goal)larguero masculinetravesaño masculinehorizontal masculine Andes
- His goalbound effort into a gaping goal struck the crossbar and rebounded to safety.
- They drew level midway through the half and were unlucky to see their shot at goal come off the crossbar.
- A point is scored when the sliotar is played by either team over the crossbar and between the posts.
- But the meeting point of the post and the crossbar contrived to deny them what would have been a well-deserved lead.
- The game stayed 3-3 into double overtime, thanks mostly to the posts and crossbars.
- He added another with a superb strike which hit the underside of the crossbar into the goal.
- His volley crashed off the underside of the crossbar and into the goal on 50 minutes to give his side the lead.
- He scored twice and was denied a hat-trick by the crossbar and post.
- His shot was clearly intended for under the crossbar and a goal would have been a major boost.
- After the upright and then the crossbar denied them a goal, he clicked into top gear.
- He was denied a goal by the crossbar in the second half.
- From there it was on to the extra 30-minute game where I scored a goal off the crossbar which bounced over the line and back out.
- The fans in the arena knew about that winning kick the moment it sailed over the goal post crossbar.
- He was unlucky with a shot that rebounded off the crossbar.
- To score you must put the ball over the crossbar for a point or under the crossbar for a goal, worth three points.
- There are crossbars between the upright posts, forming an H.
- He missed an open goal, hitting the crossbar from close range.
- He might even have scored a brilliant goal but the crossbar came to their rescue.
- He picked his spot but the ball rebounded off the crossbar and was cleared to safety.
- However his outstretched leg just got that fraction of an inch too much under the ball and it skimmed off the juncture of the crossbar and post.
3(in pole vaulting, high jump)listón masculine