- Anchors are installed on both sides of the roadway to maintain its position in cross-currents and tide changes.
- The pictures showed that when the water reached a certain speed, it began to break into eddies, waves and cross-currents.
- Obviously you get caught in cross-currents both ways.
- The water level continued to rise, and swift cross-currents developed.
- In any case two days campaigning for the second round does seem to be a very short time, with large numbers of MP's switching their support like strong cross-currents in an ocean.
- The trick once down was to keep an eye on bubbles and fish behaviour for telltale signs of cross-currents and whirlpools.