In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine gran atracción
- But the real crowd-pullers have been the ‘concept’ cars and bikes showcasing future technologies and raising the aspirations of customers.
- Much is riding on the new one-day format's capacity to attract young and old to a version of the game which is played midweek up and down the country in club cricket but has never before been offered up as a county crowd-puller.
- The cars are crowd-pullers and appear around the country at stately homes, shopping centres and country fairs.
- Live shows and film stars are sure crowd-pullers.
- Big supermarket chains are using petrol as a crowd-puller so that more people will come into their stores.
- The Mastiff was a big crowd-puller in the recently concluded championship dog show in the city.
- An improvement might have been the inclusion of two Polish composers who are real crowd-pullers.
- With the school Easter holiday imminent - traditionally the moment when the tourist season kicks off in earnest - visitor attractions around the region are revealing their new crowd-pullers.
- At times, he has been a thorn in the side of successive political leaders, but as an orator he is one of the best crowd-pullers in the party.
- Baby elephant Kito has been a crowd-puller with thousands of visitors flocking to the zoo to catch their first glimpse of him.
- But 15 years on it is one of motorcycle sport's biggest crowd-pullers.
- She is much anthologised, frequently quoted and feted by the organisers of literary festivals and the like who can recognise a crowd-puller when they see one.
- Limerick, city and county, presents dozens of excellent cultural and other events annually but most of them are more niche attractions than mass crowd-pullers lasting a week or more.
- You can't deny that the exhibits are crowd-pullers, but they are not going to get maximum attention on their own.
- It may only be January but work is already under way to make sure the August crowd-puller gets off the ground and is a huge success.
- Successive fashion events like the India Fashion Week, held this time in Mumbai, have come to be major crowd-pullers, attracting people even from foreign countries.
- Easter bookings don't give enough time to get crowd-pullers.
- Beauty queens and film stars may be good crowd-pullers but people are no longer gullible to vote for them.
- What is an American movie if not a crowd-puller?
- Another crowd-puller was a racing go-kart designed as a class project by last year's mechanical engineering students.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.