- Jinx had learned to brush dirt and crud off the logs before bringing them in.
- This was followed by having the area around the ‘owie’ shaved, his toe nails clipped, blood and urine samples collected, the administration of the annual shots, and a scooping out of ear crud.
- After he died, I found the gadgets in his truck with fresh batteries installed and plenty of crud on the earpieces to indicate they'd been worn as promised.
- Nothing turns from effervescent nectar to curdled crud as fast and as completely as comedy.
- It comes as a very nasty surprise to many of us to find that so much crud could have accumulated where we put our nice clean bodies to rest.
- Get thee to the beach between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. when rush hour is reduced and onshore breezes are blowing away airborne crud.
- You really have to ask how a small fire in the engine causes it to be out for 4 months, except maybe past neglect that allowed so much crud to build up in the engines.
- The drysuit zip is covered by a second zip to keep all the muck and crud out of the main zip's teeth.
- There was no move to set up a camp, no mention of what we were doing just sitting there and watching the sun dip like broken yolk against the pan edge of a jaggedy ridged horizon, mountainous outcrops looking like deposits of burnt on crud.
- They are visually poisonous, depressing, environmentally undermining, life-shortening, spiritually deadening, brain-dulling piles of crud.
- Its dry-film protectant repels dust, sand and other crud that sticks to ‘wet’ oils and silicones.
- He especially objects when anyone looks in his ears which tend to be caked with horrible, stinky, masses of crud.
- We'll just have to settle for whatever crud the cafeteria has to offer.
- But in the absence of any evidence that your engine is full of crud, I'm not sure it's really necessary.
- As a good chemist should, he took up his compound in some solvent and filtered it, so as not to introduce grit and crud into the pumps or the chromatography column.
- They could also be used to keep a wide variety of surfaces (including places within human bodies) from accumulating an assortment of types of crud and undesirable material.
- I envied how Jake and Noah looked rested while they sat at the breakfast table eating their cereal while I looked like crud.
- Of course, his favorite place to sleep is in a nook and/or cranny under my bed (under my bed is used for storage, so a ton of crud under there - including spare blankets) so he's obviously not claustrophobic.
- But there are lots of cars on the road that still use traditional coolant, and that should be drained and replaced every couple of years to remove any built-up crud.
2informal(nonsense)estupidez feminine informal
- I really don't like big family gatherings like this because the old ones always fuss over you and tell you how much you've grown or how much older you look and crud like that.
- ‘So let's talk about what the real issues are and stop masking them with ‘our interest is only the good of mankind’ bull crud,’ he adds.
- That was what was getting to me, that this new age crud was being taught alongside genuine academic and technical subjects as if it had equal validity.
- He went to quite a few search engines, only getting crud.
- But going through the rest of his crud would be a waste of time, given that the only people who could possibly be convinced by what he says are those who are impervious to reason and evidence.
- In this article, they discuss the issues with people posting crud on public forums, and mention this: He added Canadian Internet forums are being shut down across the country.
- Get a load of this bucket of crud, from the same article.
- Right now, all that crud about me being smart seems to have blossomed: I can speak three languages fluently, I can understand a few more, I can play several instruments, and I'm an ace at historical knowledge.
- I would much rather go to the cinema and see something with a script which is half literate with a good 10-15 belly laughs and god forbid actually makes me thing than the usual crud which passes itself off as a smart twenty-something comedy.
- Then again, if I end up taking it too seriously then it could just be too depressing when it ends up complete crud at the end!
3slang(person)asqueroso masculine informalasquerosa feminine informal