In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I began going to the local council gym, but I found it unpleasant and crummy so I gave that up too.
- When a band offers to take an off-night at a venue, or open for a crummy band, and can still deliver on a guarantee, they inevitably build momentum.
- It really wasn't a bad week, but I have to conclude that it's a crummy Friday night.
- I've read everything this man has written, with delight: he can't stand crummy design, poor execution, or indifference to the end-user.
- After some hassles with getting food and crummy weather, I finally get there.
- They weren't successful, they toured in an old crummy van for 22 years.
- I'm having a crummy week so far and it's only Tuesday.
- Then I began to feel really crummy which we found out a few days later was pneumonia.
- Clearing the air beats sitting home and feeling crummy.
- When asked what he thought was making him feel crummy, the young doctor drew a blank.
- ‘Beth hasn't been over there long enough other than to say that the food is crummy,’ he says.
- Trust me, all of this is lousy, crummy, rotten behavior on your husband's part.
- In this age of rotten service, crummy products and seething attitudes, you have accidentally stumbled onto a solution to those woes.
- Do you do poor work because you have a crummy job, or do you have a crummy job because you do poor work?
- I used to live in apartments like that too - but at least they were in the city, close to other things like… well, friends in equally crummy apartments.
- All I can do in the time available is to offer instruction on the first and most important element of crummy writing, which is (as my title suggests) bad plotting.
- Heck, he could probably flog you a crummy endowment mortgage and a rubbish personal pension plan.
- But for tonight, it's a long-overdue bedtime (as I didn't sleep well at all last night), and a putting of a generally crummy day behind me.
- Critics have said the film is all style and substance, but for awhile the wild colours and lavish sets assault you so much that you don't notice the crummy dialogue and absence of plot.
- This is the way video art should be viewed - in the comfort of your own home, without the discomfort of the gallery and the need to wear crummy headphones while perched on a bean bag.
- We've got a good band… and I don't want to be out there just being crummy and a shadow of what we were.
- When teens are depressed, anxious, insecure, angry, frustrated or just plain feeling crummy inside, they often act out as a way of expressing negative feelings.
- After reviewing his notes in his crummy little room, The Bank Robber comes up with a Plan.
- He writes and that's all he does, occasionally taking a crummy job to keep things going.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.