- There was the dull crump of ignition followed by a fireball of considerable proportion.
- It disintegrated into the wall with a satisfying crump.
- Another crump sounded, and I was nearly shaken from my seat as the ship abruptly slid sideways, either a munitions dump had just been hit, or fuel.
- Three or four more thunderous crumps echoed out over the surrounding forest.
- He heard a car skid and a crump as it hit something.
- On Sunday morning, we were woken by the muffled crump of a controlled explosion.
- Watching TV or whatever, you hear the shriek of the tyres losing it, followed by the crump of impacting metal.
- Preparation turned to execution when the explosives were detonated, resulting in a massive grey cloud and the loud crump of the explosion, which could be heard over four kilometres away.
- The media representation of this war will be from a distance: shots of the city skyline illuminated by the flashes of bomb blasts, the dull crump of explosions.