In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Most of those involved had little or no prior experience with cryptology.
- The Army is especially interested in Sailors with skills that translate easily to Army jobs, including cryptology, fire control, air traffic control and mechanics.
- Perhaps his greatest achievements were introducing mathematical and scientific methods into cryptology and producing training materials used by several generations of pupils.
- I'm impressed - he should consider a sideline in archeology or cryptology.
- Cracking the ancient code of hieroglyphics was once considered one of the greatest feats of cryptology.
- Then from 1941 he was engaged in research on meteorology, cryptology and aerodynamics.
- During World War I, they both taught cryptology to Army officers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.