In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The crisp, cuboid geometry of the new parts forms a stage set for the daily dramas and intimacies of workplace life.
- She actively asks the viewer to join in, inviting people to place objects from handbags and pockets into the cuboid structures she has built.
- Even if the shape of animal teeth is unfamiliar, a roughly cuboid or distinctly conical structure with a covering of hard mineral and what could feasibly be roots is likely to be a tooth.
- Using 22 welded tubular steel cubes each measuring 3 x 3 x 3 m to support an aluminium walkway, he elaborates on the basic concept of linked cuboid forms.
- Ankara State Security Court is a vast, cuboid slab of concrete.
- On a basic level, the destruction of these austere cuboid monoliths on our skyline has provoked us to reflect on what buildings mean.
- In the middle was an empty coffin, a cuboid altar, and a table decked with chalice, knife, and holy scourge.
- I slept along with the locals in perfect safety on the roof of a cuboid house.
- Has anyone commented on just how cuboid his head is before?
- Beige PCs look like they have a long and healthy life ahead of them, just as long as Intel and the others don't start developing cuboid cases all of a sudden.
- There are cuboid watermelons and giant tomatoes, as well as little vignette inserts punctuating the picture - a fruit fly, a strand of human DNA, a repulsive overbred lapdog framed in a prize-winning blue rosette.
- Cytologic evaluation of the brushing material demonstrated clusters of small cuboid cells consistent with an endometrial origin.
- It is a tall cuboid volume wrapped in slate which actually sits in the pool, its dark, enigmatic mass giving the disarming impression of floating on water.
- From basement to attic, the house was designed down to its last detail: from the hand-stencilled walls, wallpapers and latticed panelling, to curtains and carpets, fitted furniture, china and cuboid planters.
- A neighborhood of such severe cuboid houses would probably feel sterile and lifeless.
- The adjacent space is for the most part consumed by Black Stone, an enormous cuboid construction constructed from strips of tyre nailed to an armature.
- They designed a contemplative cuboid acoustic space made of a lattice of timber elements creating an enclosure that breathes yet insulates the inhabitants from the outside world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.