In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abrazarhe fell asleep cuddling his teddy — se durmió abrazado a su osito
- The nannies and carers are not allowed to kiss or cuddle the children and they are not permitted to play with other kids.
- Sure, we cuddle our babies, and fondle our new lovers, but in every relationship there comes a point when kisses are perfunctory farewells and hugs are doled out sparingly.
- They kept kissing him and cuddling him and combing his hair.
- The youngest, a girl, will be the most spoiled, for she will be the final baby and will be cuddled and loved.
- A flight from Milan or maybe Paris arrives, and they rush up to enthusiastically kiss and cuddle a tanned young man pushing a baggage trolley.
- Despite what pet lovers may think, the giant lizards don't like to be cuddled, patted on the head or kissed.
- I picked her up, cuddling her close to my chest, and ran out of there.
- Haslam said he consensually kissed and cuddled a patient.
- Caressing, hugging, stroking, and cuddling all send a chain reaction of chemicals to signal your brain that this is pleasurable.
- I cuddle my baby and close my eyes, marking a moment of grace.
- And she's always loved to be cuddled and nursed and made a fuss of by her parents.
- A few weeks after her arrival she began to thrive because she actually had someone to cuddle her and love her now.
- There is the occasional baboon, cuddling its baby on the cement ledge.
- She's not an overtly affectionate cat and when she cuddles me in bed, I always feel loved.
- She should be cuddling her baby son right now or watching with fascination as he learns to walk and talk.
- He always kisses me and cuddles me and tells me he loves me every time he goes out of the door - which is what he did yesterday and I haven't seen or heard from him since.
- Later, he delighted guests by cuddling a robot baby that reacts happily to hugs and play, blinks its eyes and even cries like a real infant.
- With that she pushes closer to me, cuddling her warm body against mine.
- She heeded the reassurances of people who told her that it is normal and safe to fall asleep while cuddling a tiny baby.
- The delighted new father cuddling his tiny baby cannot help but catch your attention.
1abrazarsethey were kissing and cuddling on the sofa — estaban amartelados en el sofá
- to cuddle up to sb — acurrucarse contra algn
- Nothing is cozier than cuddling up in front of a fire with some popcorn.
- Unicorn was cuddled affectionately against Kyri's wet face when she awoke with a start.
- Aimee mumbled to herself about getting a lock for her door and pulled the comforter to her bed, cuddling up under it so that she could get back to sleep.
- It was very warm indeed under the coats with the young elf cuddling up against him.
- A grunt reached Kyle's ears, and he turned back, finding Josie cuddling closer to him, a satisfied smile on her face.
- Tyler turned his beautiful face to look over at Jane, who was not paying attention and turning the TV on, cuddling up with a pillow.
- She smiled at the fond feeling of his mind and cuddled in a little closer to him.
- The setting is conducive to cuddling up in the soft cushions and really making yourself at home.
- I have a lovely picture of Natasha and her cat cuddled up together.
- I just thought it was really cute that they would cuddle together like a happy little couple.
- I laughed, cuddling up next to him, wishing every inch of me could be even closer.
- James then hung up, smiling to himself as he cuddled up closer to Cheryl on the sofa.
- Diana was cuddling up with Braxton, who had first turned a nice shade of pink when Diana sat very close next to him.
- Quite oblivious to their presence was a pair of coyotes cuddled close together on the sand next to the cliff.
- Willow woke up early, so we cuddled together on the sofa and watched Peter Pan.
- Eva's cuddling up against Jared as he absently puts his arm around her waist.
- Jared cuddles closer, crushing his face against my neck, and mutters, ‘Thank you.’
- Grace cuddled closer into his strong chest, and he held her tighter.
- When I came back to my room, I found Mandy and Lee cuddling up on the mattress.
- Here, in a different hemisphere, the acrid smell of firework smoke makes me think of cold nights, short days, cuddling up inside next to the heater.
1abrazo masculinecome and give me a cuddle — ven a darme un abrazo
- they were sitting on the sofa having a cuddle — se hacían arrumacos sentados en el sofá
- she just needs a cuddle — le hace falta que le hagan mimos
- She is inclined to wrap her flippers around their legs and give them an affectionate cuddle.
- He gives the best cuddles and kisses, even when they're wriggly ones.
- The star happily posed for photographs, laughed and joked with patients, thrilling some of them with kisses and cuddles.
- When that time comes, I bundle her up, give her a cuddle & kiss, put her in her cot and her music on, and leave the room.
- It's easy to change the mood and stance of a French bulldog; just picking it up will engender a cuddle and kiss.
- She turned round, planted me a huge kiss and then gave me a cuddle.
- Big thanks to Beau, who doesn't read my blog anyway, for running out each time I left his house in the weekend to give me a kiss and a cuddle, even though he was busy with stuff inside.
- He was still unmarried and although he had had brief flings with a few of the village girls none had ever amounted to more than a kiss and a cuddle.
- For decades, walkers have paused for a kiss and a cuddle at the kissing gate at Bridge End, Otley.
- He is very affectionate and loves to give and receive cuddles.
- He is a very affectionate little boy who loves lots of kisses and cuddles.
- The revised plans for the block have been posted in an obscure place which only the people parking their cars for a quick kiss and a cuddle will see.
- I remember her cuddles and kisses when I was a child run down with typhoid fever, while telling me over and over, ‘Mother loves you.’
- After a round of warm cuddles with my son I can't help but hurt like hell when I read things like this.
- But I was dying for cuddles and kisses from my daughter, Chloe.
- I want romance and companionship and TLC and hugs and cuddles and kisses and someone who thinks about me when they're not with me, and misses me when we're apart.
- Be sure to pay tribute to your sweetheart with a kiss and a cuddle and a special treat.
- His long and lonely quest for vengeance began with a kiss and a cuddle from his mother and a pocketful of bread, all that he had to sustain him through an epic journey the length of Afghanistan.
- Actually, what she means is that she thinks I'm a sucker for a prolonged cuddle in my dozy state.
- I gave her a big kiss and a cuddle and then started getting ready for work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.