In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Until the 90s, fashionable restaurants offered French cuisine, which meant rich sauces.
- We came here just to taste the Thai cuisine.
- Civilizations that have remained relatively untouched by the ravages of war have invariably produced the finest cuisine in the world.
- For instance, the Thai breweries organize a Beer Festival with plenty of traditional Thai cuisine to sample as well.
- Her French / Indian fusion cuisine won her many devotees and glowing reviews in the American media.
- His knowledge of the cuisine of different regions of India is encyclopaedic.
- Yet, kosher did not alter Indian vegetarian cuisine in any way, he said.
- Besides, almost every other country's cuisine has already had its moment on the front burner.
- I feel robbed that I didn't eat authentic Thai cuisine until the age of 27.
- The Moghul influence has also extended the rich and diverse cuisine of the country.
- In South Indian vegetarian cuisine, milk products are not used much.
- People flowed to their seats with decorum eagerly anticipating the thrill of gourmet cuisine.
- Basically your garbage pail is the hippest new fusion cuisine restaurant in town for ants.
- You've tasted this intriguing cuisine in noodle houses and more formal Vietnamese eateries.
- Garlic and olive oil typify the cuisine of both regions.
- Eating authentic Chinese cuisine is a cultivated taste and one worth exploring and learning.
- Lunch and dinner serves original Japanese cuisine exclusively cooked by expert chefs who display their unique performances at your table.
- And going to a French restaurant in Atlanta is no guarantee that you will be served French cuisine.
- During the trek the group stayed in four different lodges and ate simple, traditional Chinese cuisine.
- A full menu of authentic Cuban cuisine is available in the restaurant's dining room.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.