In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1falda pantalón femininepollera pantalón feminine Peru Southern Cone
- He showed his skill with pantsuits, culottes, pencil skirts and even a pony skin skirt teamed with a chiffon top.
- They are just like regular slips but are split with a seam up each leg, so they can be worn under pants, culottes, or skirts.
- Most of the entries record various types of garments made, including camisoles and culottes (shirts and pants), suits, coats, and gloves.
- Until they started to dance, they looked prim and librarian-like in their dark-colored culottes topped by demure, sheer, white blouses.
- For pants, skirts, shorts or culottes choose the size by the waist measurement unless your hips are much larger than that standard measurement.
- From sexy swimwear and cute tops to beautifully tailored pants (and culottes and jeans) and killer coats, everyone put forth their best efforts and scored a hit.
- The girl wore khaki culottes and a loose, sleeveless blouse of green gingham.
- They did sketches of him in culottes and baggy shorts.
- The style gurus put their money on culottes, Miss Marple tweed and anything plum.
- God knows I must have looked a freak with my 30-inch wide culottes covering shoes with two inch high platforms, but that was nothing to the exposure today.
- And here we are in these floor-length indigo-dyed cotton culottes that have 25 pleats in them, and this sort of heavyweight double-stitched cotton top.
- Her red high-heeled boots were well hidden by navy culottes.
- Apparently thongs are old news, with hipster culottes taking over their crown, offering a roomier but still sexy look.
- We also noted two bias-cut rose pink dresses with shoestring straps, culottes, cross-over tops in cotton and T-shirts with shell emblems.
- Knee breeches or culottes were the de rigueur apparel for 18th century gentlemen.
- One: denim culottes with one of our moss-green shabby-chic tweed blazers, a huge brooch and green-gold tango shoes.
- No longer will I be a vision in cheesecloth and impetuously purchased clamdigger culottes.
- Yesterday while walking to work I had a revelation that they're awfully similar to culottes.
- Don't let those fancy boys in culottes who just played in the Final Four tell you different.
- The ‘soldier-woman’ with square shoulders and culottes under an overcoat gave way to the ‘flower-woman’ with rounded shoulders, a heightened bust, narrow waist, and immense fan-like skirt 14 metres in circumference.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.