In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1homicidio sin premeditación masculine
- They must protect life by enacting criminal legislation which aims to punish individuals who deprive others of their right to life - i.e. murder, manslaughter, culpable homicide, etc.
- The husband has committed an act that is morally wrong; he has committed murder, or perhaps culpable homicide, or at least manslaughter.
- In March 2002, they were both acquitted on charges of murder and culpable homicide.
- The jury convicted him of culpable homicide, rather than murder.
- Convictions generally carry lesser sentences than in manslaughter or culpable homicide cases in the UK.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.