In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1culpableLaw inculpado masculineLaw inculpada feminine
- Despite numerous red herrings, there's no way to logically deduce the culprit's identity.
- Frowning, I glanced around the room trying to find the culprit responsible for interrupting my reading.
- They caught the real culprit so here I am.
- I have never heard any of the culprits being charged with any ‘crime’ whatsoever.
- The culprits behaved like seasoned thugs but claimed that they were guardians of law and order.
- A swift and thorough investigation must be launched to bring the culprits to justice.
- He alerted a police patrol at the top of the road and officers quickly arrived, by which time the culprits had fled.
- The car is returned and the real culprits are identified.
- The culprits fled the scene by car, abandoning the stolen tractor at the scene.
- The invaders are the real culprits in all cases.
- Police and all concerned parties are working together to bring the culprit or culprits to justice.
- In eight percent of the cases, the culprits plundered the victim's bank accounts.
- I don't recall the culprit ever been caught.
- Apparently, as a manager, it was his responsibility to chase down the offending culprit and resolve the situation.
- It is only with the help of local people that police can crack down on the crime spree, catch the culprits and bring them to justice.
- We have a cop who falls in love with a possible culprit in a murder mystery.
- But it is not enough to identify likely culprits.
- He said staff members were the main culprits in the theft of medicines from the public health centres.
- Police say they are doing all they can to bring the culprits to justice.
- A shot was discharged and the culprit fled the scene.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.