In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1culturalour cultural heritage — nuestro patrimonio cultural
- The point about understanding across cultural and social boundaries is important.
- Even in my street, there is great cultural diversity.
- They contribute greatly to the cultural, social and economic life of our country.
- As a free marketeer, I hate monopoly of any sort, be it economic, cultural or social.
- They embody and give significance to cultural and social differences in a society.
- Legal norms capture and reinforce deep cultural norms and community practices.
- Today the phenomenon could be more accurately described as cultural imperialism.
- He did not preserve them as cultural heritage.
- But Western philosophy preaches that cultural relativism starts from one's own.
- Particular attention must be paid to differences of cultural and social attitudes.
- Edinburgh is a great city with a long tradition of cultural diversity and social tolerance.
- Social and cultural trends that used to take years to cross the Atlantic are speeding up.
- That is, they are interested in how any society conceives its cultural substratum.
- They are the social and cultural core of rural life and their supporters run into seven figures.
- Some readily assumed a new cultural identity; others resisted assimilation of this kind.
- Conservationists claim the idea is cultural vandalism that will rip the heart out of the town.
- This is a complex social and cultural problem which will not be solved by hasty legislation.
- Modern societies are said to be characterized by deep diversity and cultural pluralism.
- Thus they represented a social and cultural nostalgia for faith and community.
- Some of us saw this new cultural context coming, but we are all, finally, surprised by it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.