In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1culturalour cultural heritage — nuestro patrimonio cultural
- Some readily assumed a new cultural identity; others resisted assimilation of this kind.
- Thus they represented a social and cultural nostalgia for faith and community.
- The point about understanding across cultural and social boundaries is important.
- As a free marketeer, I hate monopoly of any sort, be it economic, cultural or social.
- They embody and give significance to cultural and social differences in a society.
- He did not preserve them as cultural heritage.
- Even in my street, there is great cultural diversity.
- Today the phenomenon could be more accurately described as cultural imperialism.
- Conservationists claim the idea is cultural vandalism that will rip the heart out of the town.
- Social and cultural trends that used to take years to cross the Atlantic are speeding up.
- They are the social and cultural core of rural life and their supporters run into seven figures.
- That is, they are interested in how any society conceives its cultural substratum.
- Modern societies are said to be characterized by deep diversity and cultural pluralism.
- Legal norms capture and reinforce deep cultural norms and community practices.
- Particular attention must be paid to differences of cultural and social attitudes.
- Some of us saw this new cultural context coming, but we are all, finally, surprised by it.
- But Western philosophy preaches that cultural relativism starts from one's own.
- This is a complex social and cultural problem which will not be solved by hasty legislation.
- They contribute greatly to the cultural, social and economic life of our country.
- Edinburgh is a great city with a long tradition of cultural diversity and social tolerance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.