- We have all the laws and ordinances but these are pre-empted by culture and social values.
- These quotations highlight the role of culture and society in shaping the behavior of both men and women.
- He embraced new ideas and technology, yet cherished his people's culture and customs.
- For him the work involves appreciating another culture and understanding how it thinks.
- This primarily involves questions about a society's culture, social life, and public sphere.
- Our customs, culture, and societal structure demands the presence of the father.
- Like Flaubert and Proust, he was the son of a doctor, in that era a profession of wide culture and learning.
- Their customs and culture are part of the rich heritage of our country.
- While the study of Aboriginal art and culture is now regarded as important, this was not always the case.
- It suggests the mythical dimension inherent in all genuine expressions of human culture and literature.
- Two fundamental social cleavages of Canadian society are language and culture.
- They have been studied extensively and figure prominently in human culture and mythology.
- If we don't attend to our moral traditions - to our culture - then our society could come apart at the seams.
- He repeatedly celebrated the revival of the Hebrew culture and the cultural achievements of the Jews.
- Many will say that we as a society have lost our culture and tradition, and there is no longer a sense of respect or care.
- It has played a huge role in the development of human culture, and for centuries has contributed in the most fundamental way to philosophy.
- One is to recommend that immigrants conform to the customs, habits and culture of their host country.
- As a result, much of traditional Azande culture and custom has ceased to exist.
- Even two people in the same culture will make different connections between sets of ideas.
- We have expertise in understanding culture, conflict resolution and capacity building.
- After all, what good is all the technical knowledge without an appreciation and understanding of our culture?
2(intellectual activity)cultura femininea man of great culture — un hombre de gran cultura
- a person of no culture — una persona totalmente inculta
- As so often these days, a study of the past of archaeology throws up revealing insights into modern intellectual culture.
- Like others, she is also against the misogyny in so much of our popular and intellectual culture.
- Scott has always been preoccupied with diffusing the distinction between high art and popular culture.
- The auteur's true genius lies in his ability to combine high art with popular culture.
- Those topics are the impact of technology and popular mass culture, both elusive subjects with which to deal in general terms.
- This juxtaposition is exemplary of the divide and attempted dialogue between contemporary art and popular culture.
- Sport, and its relationship with the media, have become key markers of late - 20th century popular culture.
- I have a lot of respect for him, particularly regarding his place in popular culture.
- This is not fringe culture, but rather intelligent, mature art that can appeal to a much larger audience than it currently receives.
- It seeks to impose ever-greater restrictions on a broad range of human knowledge and culture.
- The absence of a sustained analysis on the role of literature and popular culture in the shaping of national identity is more serious.
- He remains an aesthete, but his appreciation of culture is now spiritually empty.
- Music, and popular culture as we knew it, would never be the same again.
- Cultural boundaries - between east and west, popular culture and high art - are dissolved.
- It has often been regarded, like folk music, as a genuine popular culture, in danger of extinction.
- You are most likely to have come across the UK's popular culture through its pop music, television and films.
- Links are made to the fields of history, literature, music and popular culture.
- Music was a vital part of human culture long before anyone was able to mass reproduce and sell recordings of it.
- The breakthrough of punk internationally put rock music and popular culture back in the hands of fans and amateurs.
- Their chief concern was mass culture and popular art and their topics included cinema, pop music, cars and science fiction.
3Biologycultivo masculinebefore noun culture medium — caldo de cultivo masculine
- Circadian rhythms are known to be exhibited by all peripheral tissues and mammalian cells in culture.
- Slides from the same blood cultures were later prepared for automated analysis.
- Imagine the ability to grow human cells in culture to grow muscle tissue.
- The ratio of percent binucleate to mononucleate cells was used as a parameter of cell proliferation in culture.
- Samples from three independently grown cell cultures were analyzed in parallel.
- Lab mice and chick embryos infected with the virus died quickly, and it also grew rapidly in cultures of human lung cells.
- A feature shared by senescent cells in culture and in vivo is shortening of the telomeres.
- The vaccine continued to be used for many years, until replaced by a vaccine prepared in cell cultures.
- Chromosome analysis requires growing cells in culture and harvesting dividing cells.
- We presume this reduction reflects dead cells in the mutant cultures, as noted above.
4Farmingmasculine cultivofeminine cría
- Plants were cultivated under the same conditions as in hydroponic culture.
- However, this approach has so far failed because of failure to regenerate plants from culture.
- It is important to buy from a grower who gives you good culture directions for the plant you buy.
- A flexible tube connected the bottoms of the two chambers during plant culture, but the tube was blocked during treatments.
- During plant culture, young roots were harvested at the end of the light period on 4-week-old plants.