In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Variables considered in the analysis were culvert size, location, and wall thickness.
- The tanks, roads, culverts and lagoon opening have all suffered through the lack of maintenance.
- Drivers often don't even realize when they cross streams, nor that the culverts built to carry those streams might pose problems to endangered salmon and trout species.
- These criminal acts will retard progress and push up costs of building the road as the demolished culverts will have to be replaced.
- A nearby culvert, meant to carry away the sewage, is totally damaged.
- A culvert has also been opened up below one set of steps and all it would take is for one child to trip and fall head first into it.
- What appears to be the problem to us is the size of a culvert underneath the road into the ornamental pond.
- According to the 1996 Highway Road Humps Regulations they must not be built on or within 25 metres of bridges, subways, culverts or tunnels.
- Earth pressure distribution around concrete box culverts has been the subject of a few studies.
- However, the size and weight of concrete box culverts can make transportation and handling a problem.
- The figure also shows a little tensile stress at the roof center of larger culverts.
- There are also plans to dig a culvert to carry water if the drainage ditch is full but he doubted there was enough room to dig one within the width of the road.
- Aggravating the problems is a pair of culverts through Provincial Road 205, which have been set at the wrong level.
- He directed the officials to complete the construction of culverts and link roads and ensure the proper drinking water supply.
- They also have to cut several miles of drain, installing several large culverts along the system.
- The South Fork of the Elkhorn River goes under the road in a culvert.
- Thus, culverts stabilized with snow are not needed when the stream is already frozen solid.
- It is asphalted and the gradient runs south to north up to the village temple, except near the village pond where a culvert has raised the road surface, upsetting the natural gradient.
- The project also required construction of a 29.5-foot fill over an old concrete box culvert.
- A culvert stabilized with snow was the first structure tested for small streams.
2Electricityconducto subterráneo masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.