In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Spoon some sauce and shallots around the dish and garnish with ground cumin.
- Put in the salt, ground cumin, ground coriander, lemon juice and cayenne.
- Nevertheless I found them very tasty despite not being able to discern the advertised cumin yoghurt sauce element in particular.
- To make the curry powder, combine the ground coriander, cumin, fenugreek, pepper, ginger, paprika and turmeric and mix well.
- Roasted ground cumin and ground black pepper can be sprinkled over fresh yogurt.
- Stuff with couscous mixed with orange juice, paprika, cayenne, cumin, garlic, parsley, diced prunes and pinenuts.
- Add ground roast cumin and you have an Indian side salad.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the cumin seeds and the garam masala.
- Its flavor is rounded out with pomegranate seeds, dried mango peel, black peppercorns, toasted cumin, coriander, red chili powder and white pepper.
- Season with ground cumin, black pepper and garlic.
- Nutmeg, pepper, caraway seeds, ground ginger and the curry spices of cumin and coriander are also worth considering.
- The salted version often contains spices such as roasted cumin seeds or black pepper.
- Heat oil, add cumin seeds and let them crackle, add fennel seeds and sauté the diced vegetables quickly.
- Add the corn, onion, jalapeno, leeks, cumin, and white pepper.
- Place a small line of the cinnamon and cumin caramel sauce across the center of a plate.
- If you want, you can add chopped mint or ground cumin for additional flavour.
- Other spices include cumin, coriander, turmeric, black pepper, cardamom, and cloves.
- Add the cumin and when brown, mix the rice and salt to taste.
- Spoon the tamarind and date chutney over the curds and sprinkle chilli and cumin powder on top.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.