In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1voto acumulativo masculine
- Illinois at the time operated under a unique system of electing its representatives, called cumulative voting.
- Just giving voters cumulative voting rights (where they can get all their votes to one candidate in a multi-member district) is the easiest way to get PR.
- There's cumulative voting, in which you cast multiple votes, choosing either to divide them among different candidates or pile them all on one name.
- The essence of cumulative voting is that, on the election of the directors, each voting share is allocated a number of votes equivalent to the number of directors to be elected.
- And then, when we saw the recent controversy, it wasn't jury nullification or even cumulative voting that got him in trouble.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.