In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1taza de té feminineté masculine
- After serving thousands of cuppas during a 27 year career as an assistant in a cafe she has hung up her apron.
- He turned down a star birthday bash to spend his big day serving cuppas at Manchester's Christie Hospital.
- This was a scrappy affair that came to life after the half - time cuppas.
- Laboratory tests found that drinking regular cuppas inhibits the activity of certain enzymes in the brain.
- We'll also take a close look at the relaxing cuppa.
- "I don't drink that much water and I boil the rest for my cuppas, " she said.
- On Wednesday at 10 am, after only three cuppas, the verdict came.
- But then, the Tea Council represents the trade and 93 per cent of British cuppas nowadays come from bags.
- When full, the 2ft 5in-high piece can serve 1,024 cuppas - enough to provide half-time sustenance for 93 football teams.
- But it does for those cuppas you make just for a distraction.
- They spend all day making each other cuppas and I always wondered how they all knew what everyone liked.
- Worse, there's no café in the store, so you can't even enjoy a cuppa while you're working - not that there's anywhere to put one, in any case.
- We need something besides religion and politics to debate over our beers, lattes, cuppas or sports waters.
- Enough, we've all had enough of this nonsense and it's time for a strong cuppa.
- They looked dispirited as they trudged off for half-time cuppas but they had a rejuvenated look on the restart and took just seven minutes to draw level.
- When the last load was complete, we made cuppas for everyone using my mum's thoughtfully provided Emergency Tea-Making And Chocolate Biscuit Kit.
- Steaming hot cuppas, delicate sambo's and tasty treat are all on offer from 10 am to 9pm, for a small donation.
- Later on, they go over to Harold's place, where funereal choir music is playing as everyone marches in, white-faced, for cuppas.
- Their sales of cups of tea have rocketed by around 500 per cent with more than 450 cuppas being sold nationwide, compared to an average of 90 cups a week sold before the film's release.
- Besides enjoying a relaxing cuppa while you wait for the kids (much better than sitting in a hot car) why not wander about the nursery or sit on the patio and enjoy the balmy days to come?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.