In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the United Kingdom primary care does not currently have a formal role in monitoring for disease recurrence after curative treatments.
- Recurrence of the primary tumor is rarely amenable to curative therapy.
- UV light is known to have bactericidal activity and could have curative properties as far as secondary bacterial infections are concerned.
- Transplantation remains the sole curative therapy for the disease, although it too is not without the potential for severe complications.
- It deals with the totality of individual and social health including preventive and curative aspects.
- They not only provide preventive and basic curative health care but also perform family planning procedures and other surgical operations.
- A recent report credits the age-old beverage with yet another curative property: joint protector.
- We included data on oesophageal and gastric operations for malignant and benign disease with palliative or curative intent.
- Posters portraying symptoms, preventive and curative aspects for diseases, tips for first aid and healthy diet also form part of the auditorium.
- Most patients present with advanced disease, and curative surgery requires considerable resources in the operating theatre and in critical care.
- Less than 20% of individuals suffering this disease are diagnosed in stages in which curative surgery is an option.
- Subsequently, clients may also attend the health centers for curative care and health education at any time.
- Photodynamic therapy has curative potential for patients with early lung cancer that is centrally located.
- Today, it is widely accepted among doctors and homeopaths that some ingredients found in tea do have legitimate curative properties.
- Then a comprehensive health policy which caters for improved living conditions and changed social attitudes as well as curative treatment of disease will need to devised.
- Both toxic and curative potentials are properties of all drugs.
- People consume tokek because most believe the reptile has curative properties for a variety of skin diseases.
- Coral became a popular choice for jewelry in ancient Rome, for it was thought to have curative properties and to be a defense against evil.
- Most governments ban distributors from making any claims about disease prevention or curative properties.
- No amount of curative health measures can offset the harmful effects of poor environmental health planning for communities in emergency settlements.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.