In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(from milk)cuajada feminine
- It reminded me of the moulds in curd, white cloudy days, the froth of soaps and the upper - cream of a vanilla shake.
- If your baby develops white spots that look like milk curd on the insides of the cheeks or on the tongue, this may be thrush.
- The visitors were also shown the units that make butter, ghee, curd and ice-cream.
- If you've vegetables, milk, curd and cheese in the refrigerator, you can manage on your own somehow.
- In more recent times, he says, his family cut, tied and stacked crops, and took such homemade fare as butter, cheese, curd, eggs and corn to Scarborough market to sell, on a pony and trap.
- Spoon some cherry compote around the dish and accompany with some milk curd.
- Originally, such cheesecakes were made with soft, home-made curd cheeses but these days we use light cream cheese from the supermarket.
- It is made by fermenting residue left behind after the separation of milk and curd (the whey).
- For the goat cheese gnocchi, in a medium bowl, combine the goat curd, ricotta cheese, and eggs for mix to combine.
- In India, this offering traditionally contained three sweet substances: molasses, honey and sugar and three white substances: curd, butter and milk.
- In a bowl, mix together goat cheese curd, sugar, cream, sour cream and lemon zest.
- Foods that should be consumed in limited quantity are dals, dried seeds, milk, curd, cheese, fish, eggs and chicken.
- It recently introduced modification of the valve for use on the outlet of a cheese vat, so cheese curd can pass through the valve.
- It had been raining steadily for a few hours, and the driver was perched in a pool of liquid, still white as curd.
- Whey, a by-product of cheese and curd manufacturing, was once considered a waste product.
- Try eating nonfat mozzarella or cottage cheese, as each curd is rich in a long-acting protein called casein, giving you a steady trickle of amino acids that lasts into the night.
- Siva is always worshipped with Panchamruta - a mix of milk, butter, curd, honey and sugar.
- The report made the case for reducing the number of plants processing milk into butter, milk powder and curd from 11 to four.
- A small bowlful of curd can turn a whole pitcher of milk into curd.
- Products labelled as containing lactose, cream, butter, cheese and cheese flavour, curd, milk, milk solids, milk powder and whey, as well as margarine containing milk solids, should be avoided.
2British(paste)bean curd — queso de soya
- orange/lemon/lime curd — crema de naranja/limón/lima
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.