In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for hair)rulo masculinerulero masculine River Platemarrón masculine Colombiachino masculine Mexicotubo masculine Mexico Chileto have one's curlers in, to be in curlers — tener los rulos (or ruleros etc.) puestos
- My mom leaned over the stove in her pink robe and hair curlers.
- She pulled out the curlers and put her hair in a half pony tail, before adding a layer of high shine spray.
- Children invented pencil toppers in the same way they will dress clothespins, shoes, or hair curlers, detail dust pans, and lend sticker eyes to a fly swatter.
- Hair can also tangle when piled on top of the head during shampoo treatments, around various types of curlers and in hair brushes.
- She came sprinting into the hallway in a yellow dressing gown wrapped around her medium frame, curly hair covered in curlers.
- I have the same trouble with my hair - except with curlers, not straighteners.
- She had curlers in her hair, waiting patiently to take them out, and had yet to do her makeup, but still she thought herself gorgeous; truly beautiful.
- He came out with curlers in his hair, and sat on a stoop.
- Always use lash curlers - the effect really opens up the eye.
- Use a curling iron or add heated curlers to make the curls.
- I was beginning to think that I was supposed to rush out in the early morning, hair in curlers, in my pink chenille dressing gown and start laying concrete or similar physical nonsense.
- She turned back towards her vanity table and began putting curlers in her hair.
- Before curling your eyelashes, heat the curler with a hair dryer for a few seconds.
- And then suddenly ‘mother’ was a woman who wore curlers in her hair.
- Don't allow your child to use the stove, microwave, hot curlers, or iron.
- On her next visit she had her electric hair curlers and electric hair drier.
- I offered to help with the retrieval, guiltily remembering the days I used to borrow combs, hair curlers, and all the brushes I could stick together with which to build.
- Her hair was in curlers and she was in a light pink robe.
- Does this heated eyelash curler really work?
- She needs to run hair dryers and curlers and hair irons and other fancy equipment for the few ladies left in the city who still want to look good.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.