- Imagine the Scottish curling or swimming championships taking place here, in the off-season for golf.
- If you knew that the preliminary rounds of Olympic curling began this week, you're probably on the team.
- It was the first time curling had been staged at the games.
- Well the modern game of curling really comes from Scotland.
- She was fascinated by the strategies of curling whilst watching the Olympic gold medal-winning team two years ago.
- Currently Halifax, which, in sporting terms, has hosted big curling, ice skating and ice hockey events, has one 10,000-seat arena.
- She enjoyed women's baseball in her younger days, and later she took up curling, especially enjoying bonspiels.
- Tonight, amid a galaxy of sporting stars, curling will be back in the limelight.
- He was draw master for the senior mens' mixed curling for a while, as well as committee member for the Senior Golf Tournament for men and mixed, for a number of years.
- The unknown sport of curling grips the nation as the British woman win the gold medal with the very last stone.
- But curling is not a big game in this country and the tabloids can't see past football.
- In its essence, bowls is a combination of curling, chess and mini-golf.
- I had only the vaguest notion of curling until the recent 2002 Winter Olympics in Utah.
- He enjoys the sportsmanship of the sport so much he is a promoter and organizer of curling events.
- Inspired by their parents, the two took up curling in 1987 at the age of 12.
- The curling was part of the grade six physical education program at Elmdale School.
- Can the nation which gave the world golf and curling and revolutionised football in Victorian times look forward to a prosperous and healthy sporting future?
- It's a popular centre for the sport of curling, an old game which is especially associated with Scotland.
- The sport of curling is a big deal here - Scotland won a gold medal at the last Olympics.
- The next sports to follow will be athletics, curling and rugby.